the Highest in the US
Why Then, Is
California So Broke?
With all the
taxes the State is collecting, the California should be RICH
compared to other States.
Sacramento Owes Us
Call your Assemblyperson and State Senator and ask them. Is it
government mismanagement or government corruption? There is
NO OTHER ANSWER.
Taxation Without Accountability is
just as unacceptable
as Taxation Without Representation
- Highest Personal
Income Tax - #1 in the
- Highest Sales
#1 in the
- Various counties and municipalities add their
own sales tax. L.A. County,for example, has 8.25%
total sales tax - and going up in 2009
- 3 States have no sales tax. All 3 have lower
State income tax than California
High Property Tax
- California might not have the highest tax rate,
but it is one of the highest in dollars collected
because real estate is so expensive.The State
government collects more money because the property
values are so much higher here.
- The only reason property taxes aren't higher
than they are is because fed up California citizens
took the matter into their own hands by voting on
Proposition 13 in
- Highest Gasoline
Tax - #1 in the
- 44.5¢ per
gallon - the highest in the
Car Tax (Registration
- Most people pay $100 or more for car
registration annually, including all the extra fees
and taxes that are added on.
- The Vehicle License Fee (VLF) is a high added
tax that most States don't impose on their
- Governor Gray Davis TRIPLED the
already-unreasonable tax. When Governer
Schwarzenegger restored the original tax, he didn't
go far enough. We are still far higher than almost
every other State.
- Most other States are $40-$50 per year
Corporate Income Tax -
- #9 in the
- Bad for California
- Encourages employers to leave and take
their jobs to other States with lower
- Encourages employers to outsource jobs
- 3 States have NO corporate income tax.
- 1 State has almost no corporate income
With all the taxes the State is collecting -
far more than almost every other state - the State should be
California politicians are either SQUANDERING
our money, or they're STEALING it. It's time
that tax-paying Californians learn the truth.
If other States can make it on
less money, why can't California make it on
The Taxers Are Coming